Pacific Daily NewsPosted on December 29th, 2016
The Pacific Daily News is Guam’s only daily newspaper and delivers throughout Guam, the Marianas.
The PDN is owned by Gannett Co. Inc., a large, diversified news and information company. Gannett is the United States’ largest newspaper publisher. The company’s daily newspapers include USA TODAY, the nation’s largest-selling daily newspaper, with a circulation of approximately 1.7 million.
The PDN Web site — www.guampdn.com — is visited by hundreds of thousands of readers around the world. On GuamPDN.com, you’ll find the latest breaking news and updates throughout the day. You’ll also find announcements from political leaders, businesses, nonprofit organizations and people like you who want to share their information. Visit GuamPDN.com to sign up for the latest in news, traffic, water and power updates via text alerts.
But it’s more than just an online area to learn about what’s going on here on Guam. It’s a place for you to share your news, pictures, blogs and opinions, as well as calendar your upcoming events.
Visitors to guampdn.com have access to social media tools that allow readers to blog, share photos, keep up with friends and sound off in our comments sections. We also provide tools that allow readers to submit their stories, photos and letters to the editor for publication online and in print. Readers can also search our online events calendar to find out what’s happening around the island.
If you have a story to tell, an opinion to share, a news tip to leave or an event you’d like to let the public know about, this guide can help.
The following is a list of frequently asked questions of the newsroom, followed by a directory of sections and departments at the paper to help you get your information to the right person.
Q: We’ve tried several times to get our news into the PDN without success. Is there anybody we can talk to?
A: Yes. Discuss it with the particular section editor, but if you don’t know who that is or if you don’t get a very good answer from that person, call David Crisostomo, the managing editor.
Q: How do I write a press release?
A: Just provide the facts. Answer these questions:
- Who is involved? Provide complete names. Affiliations, titles, villages and other identifying information helps.
- When? Give a time and date.
- Where? Be specific.
- Who is affected by this announcement?
- Why is this important? Put your news into perspective for the community.
- Whom should we contact for more information? Let us know the best way and time for us to contact you if we need more information.
Q: How do we send in our press release?
A: Email is best, or submit your information online at www.guampdn.com. Use the “Share your news” link at the bottom of the website. You can also mail, fax or drop a note at the front desk.
Mail: (Section), Pacific Daily News, P.O. Box DN, Hagåtña, Guam 96932. The section could be News, Lifestyle, Business, Sports, etc. If you’re not sure, just use News.
You can also fax it to 477-3079.
Drop it off. The PDN is in Hagåtña in the DNA Building, 244 Archbishop Flores Street.
It’s best to make a follow-up call to make sure the right person received your press release.
Q: How do I get my news on the paper’s website?
A: The same way you’d get it into the paper. The PDN site, www.guampdn.com, has the news of the day, plus updates throughout day and any breaking news that may occur. Under the “Customer Service” banner, there is a “contact us” button that will link you to a form for sending a press release, comment or question, letter to the editor and advertising or delivery question.
The site also has a host of other useful information and access to the paper’s magazine products, such Pika, The Pacific Marketplace and Maila Halom.
The Pacific Daily News business hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and closed Saturday and Sunday. To call, dial 472-1PDN.
MAGAZINES, SPECIAL SECTIONS AND WEEKLIES
The Pacific Daily News staff produces several quarterly and annual magazines. The two annual magazines are the Bridal Guide, which is published to help couples plan the wedding of their dreams; and the other is this, Maila Halom, a guide to Guam for locals and new residents.
Pika is the section’s monthly entertainment guide that’s included in the daily paper on the first of every month. There are happy hour, movie and boonie stomp listings, and features on where to catch performances of local bands. Pika also covers music, fashion, club openings and the local arts scene.
A weekly supplement in the paper includes: Bayanihan, a publication geared to Guam’s Filipino residents, which is published on Saturdays.
The section covers a wide range of topics, from mom and pop stores to local multi-million industries like the retail landscape, tourism, business and economic trends on Guam, the Pacific region and around the world.
The section covers all sporting activities. Ron Ige is the sports editor.
Sports Notes is a daily collection of events, meetings and notices. Contributions from residents are welcomed. Call 479-0420. Otherwise, forms are available at the Pacific Daily News.
Write Sports Notes on mail, fax and dropped-off items.
Publisher and President:
- Rindraty Celes Limtiaco
- Fax: (671) 472-1512
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Carmelita Blas
- Fax: (671) 472-1512
Human Resources Principal Business Partner:
- Edna Nery
- Fax: (671) 472-1512
Market Development Director:
- Jason Sakazaki
- Fax: (671) 472-5045
- Gerald “Jake” Woo (Controller)
- Fax: (671) 472-1512
- Billing questions: 479-0301
- Advertising Director: Jae Fermin Medina, 479-0200
- General ad information: 479-0203
- Classified ads: (671) 472-1PDN
- Classified fax: (671) 472-4641
- Classified e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ad fax: (671) 477-0359
- Online Director: Karen Gayle, 479-0222
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Operations Director: Bill Windham, 479-0600
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Managing Editor: David V. Crisostomo, 479-0400, e-mail: email@example.com
- Community Editor: Duane M. George, 479-0415, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visual Editor: Cid Caser, 479-0429, e-mail: email@example.com
- Local News Editor: Steve Limtiaco, 479-0419, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Local News Editor: Oyaol Ngirairikl, 479-0417, e-mail: email@example.com
- Photo Chief: Masako Watanabe, 479-0425, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sports Editor: Ron Ige, 479-0420, e-mail: email@example.com
- Magazine Coordinator: Karla Borja, 479-0421, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Projects/Data Editor: Steve Limtiaco, 479-0419, e-mail: email@example.com
- News tips hot line: 475-NEWS